The National Agency for Public Procurement’s criteria constitute proposals for requirements on environmental and animal considerations that can be stipulated during the public procurement of food.
The criteria aim to make it easier for those engaging in procurement to stipulate environmental requirements, but also to inform suppliers/tenderers about the environmental requirements that may arise during the procurement process.
The criteria documents include two requirement levels – one basic and one advanced – depending on how strict you want the requirements to be in your procurement.
You are more than welcome to copy and paste the relevant criteria section into your tender document, as long as the format and similar facets are adapted to your own needs and templates.
Tips for using the criteria:
- When reading the criteria documents, you will see that many criteria have been drafted in many different areas. Choose the criteria that is suitable for your specific organisation – and level of ambition.
- If you don’t feel that the level of ambition is right – begin by influencing the decision makers so that they can support you in the procurement process and when placing orders.
- If you feel hesitant, begin by choosing among the JOINT criteria, then go on to the MANDATORY criteria that are available for each animal species and select a few criteria that are to apply for the product group or part of the selection. Do not use the EVALUATION CRITERIA if any explicit ambitions address that requirement.
- Convert the criteria in your tender document to suit your market overview.
- Follow up on the stipulated requirements to ensure that the right product is ordered throughout the course of the contract.
- Remember that by using parts of the National Agency for Public Procurement’s criteria, you will help reduce your environmental footprint and strengthen the animal protection.
- During the next procurement round, you can stipulate more requirements, or requirements on more parts of the selection, to achieve even better procurement results.