The purpose of this criterion is to make sure that equipment is not discarded due to insufficient memory capacity or deficient upgrade possibilities.
X points [X is specified by the contracting authority], are awarded to products with at least the characteristics below:
RAM memory, either of the following:
- Soldered RAM memory with a capacity of at least X GB. [X is specified by the procuring authority.]
- The possibility to replace and upgrade the RAM memory, (only for designs with holders).
- The possibility to expand the storage capacity by using connections for storage units.
- Present technical information on the RAM memory and/or the storage capacity for the models to be delivered.
- Provide technical information on the RAM memory and/or the storage capacity for the models to be delivered.
The contracting authority must assess the required storage capacity. The requirement for RAM memory is not applicable to units designed for running their main applications from the cloud. Thus, this criterion should not be used to compare tenders offering different solutions, i.e. integrated storage and cloud storage, respectively.
Life cycle analyses show that the most significant environmental impact from computers and monitors occurs in the production phase. The most important measure for reducing environmental impact from use of computers and monitors is to use the products for long periods of time. To reduce the environmental impact, in particular during the usage phase, you can set high requirements on the energy performance of the product.
The sustainability criteria for computers and monitors contain requirements for energy efficiency, hazardous substances, extended product lifetime, and product recyclability. These categories reflect the most important environmental issues during the life cycle of the products. Read more about the environmental effects and the focus of the sustainability criteria in the EU Commission’s background report for sustainability criteria on procurement of computers and monitors
- Criterion Id
- Criterion level
- Criterion type
- Award criteria
- Subject matter of contract
- Sustainable computers and monitors
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
Current KravID: 11191
Version date: 4/20/2018 12:00:00 AM