Service life of rechargeable batteries
The purpose of this criterion is to award longer service life for batteries. This reduces the environmental impact connected to manufacturing new batteries and the potential extension of battery-powered products.
- Award criteria
Points shall be awarded for improved battery endurance exceeding 500 cycles, (with 80 percent of the original capacity).
Partial charging may be used to comply as long as the software for the purpose is factory installed as the default setting, and the requirement on battery life in
the procurement documentation is met complying with the cycle requirement for an incomplete charge level..
Points are awarded according to the following [X is specified by the contracting authority]:
- 1,000 cycles or more: X points.
- 800 cycles or more: 0.6*X points.
- Up to 799 cycles: 0.3*X points.
- Provide a test report for the battery cells or the battery packages demonstrating that they manage the “endurance in cycles” test under IEC EN 61960. The testing must be performed at 25°C, and either at 0.2 it A or 0.5 It A, (accelerated test process).
- Provide a certificate, stating that the products are approved for a certification with requirements for battery life according to the requirements above.
Subject matter of contract
Sustainable computers and monitors
Information about the criterion
The minimal requirement on hours of battery time is to be stated in the procurement documentation.
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
- Current ID
- Version date