At the latest at the start of the contract and continuously during the contract period, the supplier must provide written information regarding the ingredients of fish and/or shellfish for prepared or preserved products included in the contract and including one or more ingredients of fish and/or shellfish with a total content of fish and/or shellfish above 20%:
- The production method (caught/farmed)
- The area where the product was caught of farmed (FAO fishing area code, including subareas for FAO area 27)/farming country
- Category of fishing gear/ method of farming
- Commercial designation of the species
- Scientific name of the species
*Prepared or preserved products of fish, shellfish and molluscs refers to products covered by the commodity codes 1604 and 1605 in the WCO harmonized system (HS) classification and the European Union Combined Nomenclature (CN codes), i.e prepared or preserved products containing more than 20% percentage by weight of fish, crustaceans, molluscs and/or other aquatic invertebrates. See example products in information about the requirement.