Printing quality for remanufactured toner cartridges
The purpose of the criterion is to request remanufactured toner cartridges with good printing quality, reducing the number of printouts needing to be reprinted due to insufficient quality.
- Technical specification
- Consumable items
Remanufactured toner cartridges in the contract must meet any of the following standards for printing quality.
- DIN Technical Report No. 155:2007-091
- ASTM F:2036 for monochrome printing2
- DIN 33870-1 for monochrome printing3
- DIN 33870-2 for colour printing4
1Information technology – Office machines: Requirements for remanufactured print engines with toner – Monochrome/colour
2Standard Test Method for Evaluation of Larger Area Density and Background on Electrophotographic Printers
3Office machines - Requirements and tests for the preparation of refilled toner modules for electrophotographical printers, copiers and facsimile machines - Part 1: Monochrome; with CD-ROM
4Office machines - Requirements and tests for the preparation of refilled toner modules for electrophotographical printers, copiers and facsimile machines - Part 2: 4-Colour-printers; with CD-ROM
The supplier shall, upon request, be able to present a verification, for example on of the following:
- Testreport or documented printing quality according to the standards above.
- Ecolabelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Remanufactured OEM Cartridges, version 5 or later.
- Ecolabelling according to the Blue Angel (the German Ecolabel) for Remanufactured Toner Modules for Electrophotographic Printers, Copiers and Multi-Function Devices DE-UZ 177 (2021). Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
If the requirement has been verified with an ecolabel check for a valid ecolabelling license according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel or Blue Angel (the German Ecolabel). Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
If the requirement has been verified with a test report or other technical documentation, check that the test report/documentation is according to the standards in the requirement. The test report/documentation must demonstrate the printing quality for the cartridges in the contract.
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
- Current ID
- Version date
- Review date