Design for facilitating recycling
The purpose of this criterion is to facilitate repairs and recycling of the imaging equipment.
- Technical specification
- Imaging equipment
The imaging equipment must be constructed in such a manner that disassembling is possible. This entails that:
- Anchorage points are easy to find and reach, and standardised as far as possible.
- Anchorage points are easy to disassemble with common tools.
- Plastic parts over 100g must be manufactured with only one polymer or a compatible mix of polymers.
- Plastic parts over 100g are not to contain moulded or glued metal inserts, provided that this is not evident by the disassembly instructions that these can be removed with common standard tools.
The supplier shall, upon request, be able to present a verification, for example one of the following:
- Disassembly instructions, demonstrating that the items above are met.
- The Eco Declaration, ECMA 370, annex B1, Product environmental attributes imaging equipment (metal inlays) or similar documentation.
- Technical documentation, demonstrating that plastic parts over 100g are manufactured with only one polymer or a compatible mix of polymers.
- Ecolabelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Imaging equipment, version 6.0 or later.
The contracting authority may request that the information is verified by an independent third party, where certification according to an eco-label is not used as verification. The supplier bears the cost for this.
- Check that a valid ecolabel certificate is at hand, demonstrating that the product is approved according to the Nordic Ecolabelling’s criteria for office equipment, version 6 or later.
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
- Current ID
- Version date