This criterion limits the content of health and environmentally hazardous plasticisers in external cables.
The following plasticisers (phthalates) must not be present in more than 0.1% by weight of the cable mantle’s polymer material per phthalate:
|Diethyl hexyl phthalat (DEHP)||117-81-7*|
|Dibuthyl phthalat (DBP/DnBP)||84-74-2*|
|Butyl bensyl phthalat (BBP)||85-68-7*|
|Dicyclo hexyl phthalat (DCHP)||84-61-7|
|Diiso buthyl phthalat (DIBP)||84-69-5*|
|Dihexyl phthalat (DHP)||84-75-3|
|Bis (2-methoxyethyl) phthalate||117-82-8|
|Diiso penthyl phthalate||605-50-5|
*DEHP, DBP, BBP and DIBP are limited to 0,1% according to the RoHs-directive from July 22, 2019.
The supplier shall, upon request, be able to present a verification, for example one of the following:
- Technical documentation, for example declarations from the cable manufacturers or tests according to IEC 62321-8:2017, EPA 8270D or similar. The results need to be within the allowed limitation values, which is below 0,1 percent by weight.
- Ecolabelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Imaging equipment, version 6 or later.
- Request the supplier's routines for working with risk assessment for chosen products.
- Request technical documentation, for example declaration from the cable manufacturer, material declaration or tests according to IEC 62321–8:2017, EPA 8270D, or similar. The results must be within the allowed limitation values.
- Check for a valid ecolabelling licence according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for office appliances version 6 or later.
- Criterion Id
- Criterion level
- Criterion type
- Technical specification
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
Current KravID: 11337
Version date: 5/7/2019 12:00:00 AM