Plasticisers in external cables
This criterion limits the content of health and environmentally hazardous plasticisers in external cables.
- Technical specification
- Imaging equipment
The following plasticisers (phthalates) must not be present in more than 0.1% by weight of the cable mantle’s polymer material per phthalate:
|Diethyl hexyl phthalat (DEHP)||117-81-7*|
|Dibuthyl phthalat (DBP/DnBP)||84-74-2*|
|Butyl bensyl phthalat (BBP)||85-68-7*|
|Dicyclo hexyl phthalat (DCHP)||84-61-7|
|Diiso buthyl phthalat (DIBP)||84-69-5*|
|Dihexyl phthalat (DHP)||84-75-3|
|Bis (2-methoxyethyl) phthalate||117-82-8|
|Diiso penthyl phthalate||605-50-5|
*DEHP, DBP, BBP and DIBP are limited to 0,1% according to the RoHs-directive from July 22, 2019.
The supplier shall, upon request, be able to present a verification, for example one of the following:
- Technical documentation, for example declarations from the cable manufacturers or tests according to IEC 62321-8:2017, EPA 8270D or similar. The results need to be within the allowed limitation values, which is below 0,1 percent by weight.
- Ecolabelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Imaging equipment, version 6 or later.
- Request the supplier's routines for working with risk assessment for chosen products.
- Request technical documentation, for example declaration from the cable manufacturer, material declaration or tests according to IEC 62321–8:2017, EPA 8270D, or similar. The results must be within the allowed limitation values.
- Check for a valid ecolabelling licence according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for office appliances version 6 or later.
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
- Current ID
- Version date