Using remanufactured toner cartridges reduces the environmental impact in comparison with manufacture of new toner cartridges.
Imaging equipment shall not, through its construction, software or other measures prevent the use of remanufactured/ reused toner cartridges.
Remanufactured/reused original toner cartridges (OEM1) are defined as cleaned, refilled with dry toner and with any damaged or worn out parts replaced.
1 OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer
- Technical documentation showing that remanufactured/ reused toner cartridges can be used in the product.
- Labelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Imaging equipment, version 6 or later.
- Labelling according to Blue Angel (the German Ecolabel), Office Equipment with Printing Function DE-UZ 205 (2017) or DE-UZ 219 (2019)*.
*Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
- Check for a valid ecolabelling licence according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, or Blue Angel (the German Ecolabel). Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
- Check that the technical documentation shows that remanufactured toner cartridges can be used.
- Criterion Id
- Criterion level
- Criterion type
- Technical specification
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
Current KravID: 11331
Version date: 5/7/2019 12:00:00 AM