Reduced number of printouts
The purpose of this criterion is to reduce the number of printouts and the use of paper.
- Technical specification
- Imaging equipment
The equipment must have the following functions pre-installed and enabled, with the purpose to reduce the number of printouts.
- Duplex printing or copying
- Printing of several images on the same paper, (N-up printing)
- A function to reduce unnecessary printouts, for example through a personal code or card.
Exemption equipment with an operating speed of ≤19 sheets, (A4 format), per minute Duplex printing is exempted.
The supplier shall, upon request, be able to present a verification, for example one of the following:
- Operating manual or product information sheet describing functions to reduce the number of printouts.
- The Eco Declaration, ECMA 370 or similar documentation, (verification of duplex printing)
- Ecolabelling according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for Imaging equipment, version 6.0 or later, (verification of duplex printing).
- Ecolabelling, according to Blue Angel, (the German Ecolabel), Office Equipment with Printing Function, DE-UZ 205 (2017) or DE-UZ 219 (2019), (verification of duplex printing and N-up printing).
*Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
The contracting authority may request that the information is verified by an independent third party, where certification according to an ecolabel is not used as verification.
- Follow-up that the functions are enabled.
- Check for a valid ecolabelling licence according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel or Blue Angel, (the German Ecolabel). Note that products labelled with Blue Angel also needs to have an extended license valid for the Swedish company placing the product on the market, in accordance with the rules of Blue Angel.
The version date indicates when the sustainability criterion was created or last updated. Last reviewed dated tells when we last checked that the sustainability criterion still is relevant.
- Current ID
- Version date